OpenAI DevDay, Opening Keynote Summary
OpenAI Unveils GPT-4 Turbo, Introduces GPTs and Launches New Assistants API at DevDay Event
Table Of Contents
- Past Achievements and Announcements Recap
- GPT-4 Turbo Features and New OpenAI Capabilities
∘ Context Length
∘ More Control
∘ Better Knowledge
∘ New Modalities
∘ Higher Rate Limits
- No longer use the model picker
- GPTs and Assistants API
∘ Assistants API
- Partnership with Microsoft
On November 6th, OpenAI held its first-ever DevDay. Here are the key points addressed during the keynote:
Past Achievements and Announcements Recap
- OpenAI celebrated the one-year anniversary of the launch of ChatGPT, followed by the release of GPT-4, the most capable model currently available.
- New features were introduced, including voice capabilities for ChatGPT which is powered by Whisper API.
- The launch of DALL-E 2, the world’s most advanced image model, was announced.
- ChatGPT Enterprise was launched for enterprise customers, offering enterprise-grade security and privacy, higher speed GPT-4 access, and longer context windows.
- OpenAI now has about 2 million developers building on their API, with over 92% of Fortune 500 companies using their products.
GPT-4 Turbo Features and New OpenAI Capabilities
OpenAI announced the release of GPT-4 Turbo, which addresses many developer requests. GPT-4 Turbo supports up to 128k…